The biggest and most important projects underway or completed during 2013 were.
In Saudi Arabia, for Saudi Aramco:
- installation work is underway as part of the Al Wasit Gas Program, for the development of the Arabiyah and Hasbah offshore fields. The contract encompasses the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of 15 fixed platforms, an export pipeline, offshore lines, and subsea and control cables. Operations have begun under the same contract supplementing the scope of work with the engineering, procurement, transport, installation and commissioning of 2 trunklines in the Arabiyah and Hasbah fields;
- under the Long Term Agreement, for the engineering, procurement, construction, transport and installation of structures, platforms and pipelines, work is currently being carried out on two separate projects involving the installation of five pipelines, and the construction and installation of two jackets and three decks.
In Iraq, work continued for South Oil Co on the project Iraq Crude Oil Export Expansion - Phase 2, within the framework of the expansion of the Basra Oil Terminal. The contract encompasses the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of a Central Metering and Manifold Platform (CMMP), along with associated facilities.
In the Far East:
- work was completed for PTT Exploration and Production Public Co Ltd in Myanmar on the Zawtika project, encompassing the transportation and installation of a Central Processing and Living Quarters Platform;
- work was completed for Bien Dong Petroleum Operating Co on the Bien Dong project in Vietnam, which encompassed the engineering, transportation and installation of pipelines and subsea cables as well as of two platforms and interconnecting bridges;
- work was completed for Pearl Oil Ltd, in Indonesia, on the Ruby Field project, involving the transport and installation of two platforms;
- engineering is underway and design work is at the preparatory stage on the Masela FLNG project for Inpex Masela Ltd, in Indonesia, which encompasses the Front-end Engineering and Design (FEED);
- work was completed on the Hai Su Trang Development project for Petrovietnam Technical Services Co in Vietnam. The contract encompassed the engineering, transportation and installation work on 2 wellhead platforms and a pipeline;
- work is ongoing for Husky Oil China Ltd, in China, on the Liwan 3-1 project, which encompasses the engineering, procurement and installation of two pipelines, umbilicals, and the transport and installation of a subsea production system linking the wellheads to a processing platform.
Engineering and logistical preparation work is underway in Australia for INPEX on the Ichthys LNG project, which consists of the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of a subsea pipeline connecting the offshore central processing facility to the onshore processing facility in Darwin.
In West Africa:
- for Cabinda Gulf Oil Co Ltd (CABGOC), the second installation campaign was completed on the Congo River Crossing Pipeline project in Angola, which comprises engineering, procurement, fabrication and the installation of three subsea pipelines and subsea spools, as well as trenching and crossing works. The project is being carried out off the coasts of Angola and the Democratic Republic of the Congo;
- work for Total E&P Nigeria Ltd on the OFON2 - D030 project in Nigeria for new offshore facilities in the Ofon field was completed and received provisional acceptance. The contract involves the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of the OFP2 jacket, as well as the transportation and installation of the new OFQ platform complete with living quarters;
- work was completed on the Usan Fairleads project for Elf Petroleum Nigeria (Total) encompassing the disconnection and reconnection of mooring lines to allow for the replacement/refurbishment of twelve fairleads on an FPSO vessel;
- work was completed on the Usan project for Elf Petroleum Nigeria (Total), relating to the subsea development of the Usan deep-water field, located approximately 160 km south of Port Harcourt in Nigeria. The contract comprised the engineering, procurement, construction, installation and assistance for the commissioning and start-up of subsea umbilicals, flowlines and risers connecting subsea wells to the FPSO system, as well as the construction of the oil loading terminal, consisting of an offloading buoy and 2 offloading lines, and part of the FPSO anchoring system;
- work was completed for Total E&P Congo on the N’Kossa contract in Congo, encompassing the removal of a flexible jumper, the installation of two new flexible jumpers, procurement and pre-commissioning;
- for Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited, work was completed on the contract for the Asasa Pressure Maintenance, Usari FA-FR Risers and Edop Pipeline Extension projects, encompassing the fabrication and installation of pipelines, risers and subsea spools at a maximum water depth of fifty metres;
- engineering and procurement activities were almost completed offshore Nigeria on the Bonga North West contract for Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Co Ltd (SNEPCo). The contract encompasses the engineering, procurement, construction, installation and pre-commissioning services for pipe-in-pipe production flowlines, flowlines for injecting water into fields as well as related subsea production facilities;
- work is underway for CABGOC, in Angola, on the Mafumeira 2 project comprising engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and pre-commissioning of URF (umbilical, riser and flowline) facilities and export pipelines;
- work is underway for ExxonMobil, in Angola, on the Kizomba Satellite Phase 2 project at the yards in Soyo and Ambriz. The scope of work includes engineering, procurement, fabrication and installation of production and water injection pipelines and flowlines, rigid jumpers and other related subsea structures;
- work started for Total Upstream Nigeria Ltd on an EPCI contract for the subsea development of the Egina field. The scope of work includes engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and pre-commissioning of subsea oil production and gas export pipelines, flexible jumpers, and umbilicals;
- work started for Total Exploration and Production on the GirRI (Girassol Resources Initiatives) contract, in Block 17 in Angola, which encompasses engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and commissioning of changes to the topside of the pumping system on the FPSOs Girassol and Dalia;
- work started for Eni Congo, in Congo, on a contract encompassing the engineering, procurement, fabrication and transportation of the Litchendjili jacket, piles and related appurtenances;
- work is underway for CABGOC, in Angola, on the EPCI 3 contract encompassing the engineering, procurement and pre-fabrication activities for subsequent offshore modifications and tie-ins on the existing Mafumeira Norte platform and the future Mafumeira Sul production platforms.
Work started for the Burullus Gas Co, in Egypt, on a project in the area of the West Delta Deep Marine Concession encompassing the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of subsea wellheads and related infrastructures, umbilicals and flowlines. Work also continued for Burullus Gas Co on the Multi Role Field Support Vessel Services contract offshore Alexandria.
In the North Sea:
- commissioning was completed for Total on the K4-Z project in the Dutch sector of the North Sea, a contract involving the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of a pipeline and a piggy back line. The project also includes pipeline trenching, burial and shore approach works;
- work is underway for Dong E&P in the Danish sector of the North Sea on the Hejre project, which encompasses engineering, procurement, construction and installation of two pipelines that will connect the Hejre field to the Hejre platform;
- work started for Det Norske Oljeselskap ASA on a contract encompassing the transportation and installation of the Ivar Aasen jacket and the topside, in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea;
- preparatory activities commenced for GDF Suez, in the UK, on phase 2 of the Cygnus project, encompassing the installation of an infield flowline, an export pipeline and umbilicals in the Southern Gas Basin;
- various structures were installed using the Saipem 7000 for ConocoPhillips (Jasmin, Eldfisk, Ekofish), Nexen (Golden Eagle) and Statoil (Gudrun).
In Russia, work is underway for Lukoil-Nizhnevolzhskneft on the Filanovsky contract for the engineering, procurement, fabrication and installation of an oil pipeline and a gas pipeline in a maximum water depth of 6 metres, along with related onshore pipelines connecting the riser block in the offshore field to the onshore shut-off valves. Work also commenced on the additional scope of work comprising the transport and installation of four platforms.
In Croatia, work was completed for Inagip on the Inagip IKA Adriatico project, encompassing the transportation and installation of the IKA JZ jacket, associated appurtenances and subsea pipelines.
In the framework of the Under Water Operation, in Azerbaijan, subsea inspection, maintenance and repair works continued for BP Exploration (Caspian Sea) Ltd on BP offshore infrastructures in the Azeri offshore, including platforms installed by BP in previous years. In addition, work is underway on the Chirag Oil Project for AIOC, work is underway on the transportation and installation of a jacket (construction of which was completed in the first few months of 2013), while work on the topside has been completed.
- for Agip KCO, as part of the programme for the development of the Kashagan field:
- logistical support work is underway on the Hook-Up and Commissioning project, encompassing the hook-up and commissioning of offshore facilities. Work has been completed on the fabrication and completion of modules at the Kuryk yard;
- work has been completed on the New Hook-Up, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning Assistance project, which principally involved the completion of the interconnecting components between modules on islands A and D;
- work continued for Teniz Burgylau Llp, a consortium with Keppel Kazakhstan Llp, on the fabrication, outfitting and commissioning of a jack-up rig.
In addition, in Kazakhstan, for Agip KCO (consortium in which Eni, ExxonMobil, Shell, Total and KazMunaiGas hold shares of 16.81% each, with smaller stakes also held by CNPC and Inpex), Saipem undertook the Trunkline and Production Flowlines based on client specifications, completing the requested work in 2010. The project encompassed the engineering, procurement, coating, laying and commissioning of pipelines, fibre optic cables and umbilicals. After leakages were detected in a section of the onshore pipelines, the client asked Saipem to address the issue under the guarantee. However, Saipem, having received advice from qualified external legal consultants, does not consider itself obliged to perform these works, given that acceptance of the works performed was obtained in October 2010, meaning that the guarantee period expired in October 2011. Saipem has invited the client to investigate other potential areas of responsibility for the problems identified (e.g.management of the pipeline by the client after delivery, inadequate specifications provided by client; inadequate quality of the piping). At the current point in time, no dispute is underway.
In the Gulf of Mexico:
- pipelay work was completed for Chevron on the Jack Saint Malo project, which encompasses the transport and installation of an export pipeline connecting the floating platform Jack Saint Malo;
- work commenced for Discovery Producers Llc on the contract for the transport and installation of the gas export pipeline Keathley Canyon Connector.
In Brazil, for Petrobras:
- work was completed on the Guara & Lula-Nordest gas export pipeline project, which encompassed the transportation, installation and pre-commissioning of two export sealines, as well as the engineering, procurement and construction of related subsea equipment;
- engineering and procurement work was completed and fabrication is underway on the P55-SCR contract, which also encompasses the transportation and offshore installation of flowlines and risers serving the semi-submersible platform P-55 to be installed in the Roncador field, in the Campos Basin, off the coast of the Rio de Janeiro state in Brazil;
- work continued on the contract for the construction of the Rota Cabiúnas gas export trunkline, situated in the Santos Basin Pre-Salt Region. The development comprises the engineering and procurement of subsea equipment and the installation of a gas pipeline in a maximum water depth of 2,200 metres. The pipeline will connect the Central Gathering Manifold in the Lula field, in the Santos Basin, to the onshore Processing Plant of Cabiúnas, located in the Macaé district, in the State of Rio de Janeiro;
- work continued on the Sapinhoà Norte and Cernambi Sul project, encompassing the engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and pre-commissioning of the SLWR (Steel Lazy Wave Riser) for the collection system at the Sapinhoà Norte field, and of the FSHR (Free Standing Hybrid Risers) for the gas export systems at the Sapinhoà Norte and Cernambi Sul fields. Preparatory work also started on the Sapinhoà Norte and Iracema Sul project;
- work began in the Santos Basin on the Lula NE Cernambi contract for the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of a gas pipeline and related subsea equipment.
- work began for Cardon IV on the Perla EP project encompassing the transport and installation of three platforms and three pipelines;
- work continued for PDVSA in Venezuela on the construction of the Dragon - CIGMA project involving the transportation and installation of the gas pipeline which will connect the Dragon gas platform to the CIGMA complex.
In Italy, work for OLT Offshore LNG Toscana to convert the gas carrier ship, Golar Frost, has almost been completed. The contract comprises the conversion of the gas carrier vessel provided by the client into a floating LNG regasification terminal, in addition to all offshore works necessary for installation and commissioning.
In the Leased FPSO segment, the following vessels carried out operations during 2013:
- the FPSO Cidade de Vitoria carried out operations as part of an eleven-year contract with Petrobras on the second phase of development of the Golfinho field, situated off the coast of Brazil at a water depth of 1,400 metres;
- the FPSO Gimboa carried out operations on behalf of Sonangol P&P, under a six-year contract for the provision and operation of an FPSO unit for the development of the Gimboa field, located in Block 4/05 offshore Angola, at a water depth of 700 metres.
The Firenze FPSO vessel also operated during the year and then, on December 30, 2013, was sold to Eni. The contract signed with Eni in 2009 provided for the option to purchase the vessel – which is currently deployed in the Eni-operated Aquila field off the coast of Puglia – subsequent to the conversion and commissioning of the vessel, which was completed at the end of last year.