The biggest and most important projects underway or completed during 2013 were.
In Saudi Arabia:
- for Saudi Aramco, construction work was completed on the Manifa Field contract for the construction of the gas/oil separation trains at the Manifa Field in Saudi Arabia. The project encompassed the engineering, procurement and construction of three gas/oil separation trains, gas dehydration, crude inlet manifolds and the flare gas system;
- for Safco, work continued on the Safco V contract, which encompasses the engineering, procurement and construction of a urea production plant, together with associated utilities and off-site systems and interconnecting structures to existing plants;
- for the Emirate of Makkah Province, installation work was completed, while procurement and construction work continued on the Stormwater Drainage Program - Package 8 project, encompassing the procurement, installation, construction and assistance during the commissioning of a new rainwater drainage system, serving the northern side of the city of Jeddah;
- for Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical, work continued on the contract for the Naphtha and Aromatics Package of the Rabigh II project. The scope of work includes the engineering, procurement and construction of two processing units: a Naphtha Reformer Unit and an Aromatics Complex.
In Qatar, work on the EPC Qafco 5 - Qafco 6 project for Qatar Fertiliser Co SAQ in the industrial area of Qafco in the city of Mesaieed was completed. The project comprises engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of 4 new ammonia and urea production plants and associated service infrastructures. The plants will go on to form the world’s largest ammonia and urea production site.
In the United Arab Emirates:
- activities continued on the contract for Abu Dhabi Gas Development Co Ltd forming part of the development of the high sulphur content Shah sourgas field, encompassing the treatment of 1 billion cubic feet a day of sourgas from the Shah field, the separation of the sulphur from the natural gas and the transportation of both to treatment facilities near Habshan and Ruwais in the northern part of the Emirate;
- for the Etihad Rail Co in Abu Dhabi, work continued on a project encompassing the engineering and construction of a railway line linking the natural gas production fields of Shah and Habshan (located inland) to the Port of Ruwais.
In Kuwait, construction work continued for Kuwait Oil Co (KOC) on the BS 171 contract, which encompasses the engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of a new gas booster station consisting of two trains for gas compression and dehydration. The gas will be subsequently conveyed to the Mina Al Ahmadi refinery.
- work is underway for Fluor Transworld Services Inc and Morning Star for General Services Llc on the West Qurna project. The contract comprises engineering, procurement, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning of water treatment and conveyance infrastructure, a pipeline and a water injection system;
- work is underway for State Company of fertiliser South Region, on the Khor Al-Zubair fertiliser Plant Rehabilitation project, which encompasses engineering, procurement and transportation for ammonia and urea units;
- work is underway for Basrah Gas Co (BGC) on the rehabilitation of two terminals (Marine and Storage) at Umm Qasr port in Basrah province;
- work commenced on the Zubair Gathering System project for Morning Star for General Services Llc and ExxonMobil Iraq Ltd, which encompasses the construction of a gathering system, flowlines and interconnecting facilities, as well as the distribution node.
In Morocco, work continued on a contract for the expansion of the Port of Tangiers for Tangier Mediterranean Special Agency, in a joint venture with Bouygues Travaux Publics and Bouygues Maroc.
In Turkey, work started for Star Refinery AS on the Aegean Refinery project, encompassing the engineering, procurement and construction of a refinery.
In Algeria, for Sonatrach:
- construction activities were completed on the contract for gas pipeline GK3 - lot 3, covering the engineering, procurement and construction of a gas transportation system. Lot 3 comprises a gas pipeline system from Mechtatine to Tamlouka in the northeast of Algeria, which then connects the latter to Skikda and El-Kala, located on the northeast coast of the country;
- construction work was completed and commissioning started on the contract for the construction of infrastructure for an LPG treatment plant in the Hassi Messaoud oil complex. The contract comprises the engineering, procurement and construction of 3 LPG trains;
- construction work was completed on the project for Sonatrach and First Calgary Petroleum for the construction of facilities for the treatment of natural gas extracted from the Menzel Ledjmet East field and from the future developments of the Central Area Field Complex. The contract encompasses the engineering, procurement and construction of the natural gas gathering and treatment plant and related export pipelines;
- construction work continued on the LNG GL3Z Arzew contract, which comprises engineering, procurement and construction of a liquefaction plant and the construction of utilities, a generator set and jetty.
- work was completed for ChevronTexaco on the Escravos GTL project. The plant will comprise 2 parallel trains;
- work is underway for Southern Swamp Associated Gas Solution (SSAGS) on the Southern Swamp contract, comprising engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of compression facilities at four sites and of new gas central production facilities at one of the sites, which will treat the routed associated gas;
- work continued for Dangote Fertiliser Ltd on a new ammonia and urea production complex to be realised in Edo State. The scope of work encompasses engineering, procurement and construction of two twin production streams and related utilities and off-site facilities;
- work is underway for Total Exploration and Production Nigeria Ltd (TEPNG) on the Northern Option Pipeline project, comprising engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of a pipeline that will connect Rumuji to Imo River;
- work was completed for the Nigerian National Petroleum Corp (NNPC) and Chevron on the contract for the Olero Creek Restoration project, which included the refurbishment of production facilities in the Olero Creek swamp area in Delta State;
- work continued for the Government of Rivers State on the contract for the engineering, procurement and construction of the first and second train of the Independent Power Plant at Afam;
- work commenced for Shell Petroleum Development Co of Nigeria on the Otumara-Saghara-Escravos Pipeline contract. The contract encompasses the engineering, procurement, fabrication and commissioning of a network of pipelines in a swamp area, to connect the client’s flowstations in the Otumara, Saghara and Escravos fields.
- construction activities are being completed for the Eni Refining & Marketing Division in connection with the first industrial scale application of EST (Eni Slurry Technology), as part of the project for the construction of a refinery at Sannazzaro. EST – to whose development Saipem made a significant contribution - has the capacity to convert almost completely heavy oil residues into lighter products;
- for Rete Ferroviaria Italiana SpA (Ferrovie dello Stato Group), work is underway on the contract for the detailed engineering, project management and construction of a 39 km section of high-speed railway line and of an additional 12 km of interconnections with the existing conventional railway, along the Treviglio-Brescia section across the Milan, Bergamo and Brescia provinces, as well as all associated works, such as power lines, works to reduce road interference, road crossings and environmental mitigation.
In Poland, engineering work continued for Polskie LNG on the Polskie contract for the construction of a re-gasification terminal. The contract encompasses the engineering, procurement and construction of the regasification facilities, including 2 liquid gas storage tanks.
- work continued on the Sunrise EPC contract for Husky Oil, which encompasses the engineering, procurement and construction of the Central Processing Facilities, comprising 2 plants;
- works are underway for Canadian Natural Resources Ltd in the Athabasca region of Alberta, on the engineering, procurement and construction of a Secondary Upgrader plant, under a contract included in the Horizon Oil Sands - Hydrotreater Phase 2 project;
- Front-end Engineering and Design (FEED) work was completed, while activities relating to an additional scope of work continued, on the Statoil Corner Project for KKD Statoil Canada.
- work is underway for Transcanada (Transportadora de Gas Natural Norte-Noroeste) on the El Encino project, comprising engineering, procurement and construction of a pipeline from El Encino (Chihuahua State) to Topolobampo (Sinaloa State). The project includes two compressor stations and three metering stations;
- work continued for PEMEX on the Tula and Salamanca contract for the construction of two desulphurisation units and two amine regeneration units to be built at two of the client’s refineries. The facilities will be built at the Miguel Hidalgo refinery, located 2,000 metres above sea level near the town of Tula and at the Antonio M. Amor refinery, located 1,700 metres above sea level near the town of Salamanca.
Engineering and construction of two pipelines has almost been completed on the Produccion Temprana 2012 project for Petrojunín in Faja Orinoco, Venezuela.
In Suriname, for Staatsolie, work has almost been completed on the contract encompassing engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction for the expansion of the Tout Lui Faut refinery, located south of the capital Paramaribo.
- work is at an advanced stage of completion for Gladstone LNG Operations Pty Ltd on the Gladstone LNG contract, involving the engineering, procurement and construction of a gas pipeline connecting the Bowen and Surat fields to the Gladstone State Development Area (GSDA) near the city of Gladstone, Queensland, where an LNG liquefaction and export plant is due to be built;
- construction activities continued for Chevron on the Gorgon LNG jetty and marine structures project. The scope of work consists of the engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning of the LNG jetty and related marine structures for the new Chevron Gorgon LNG plant on Barrow Island, 70 kilometres off the Pilbara coast of Western Australia.